11 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

You're Awesome!!

To contact us Click HERE
Pin ItHappy Hump Day!! I am having so much trouble transitioning from vacation mode back to crafty mode...I fear my mojo is still on the road :) But I have a card I wanted to share with you today for my sweet blogging buddy Naomi's (Creative Bug on the Loose) son, Michael. Michael is autistic and will soon be having surgery on both of his feet. Naomi asked for cards to share with her son. I encourage you to please make a card for Michael. For more information and to read about his amazing story, click HERE.


For Michael's card, I wanted to use a race car, but of the over 100 carts I have, no race car!! How is that possible?? This car is from Paper Doll Dress Up and I think it's supposed to be a super hero car but I thought passable for a race car. Since the card is for a boy and I can't add my usual bling, I used sparkly paper instead, from Core'dinations Core Couture line. The stars on the tail fin are from K Andrew Designs Crafty Friends stamp set, and "Gnarley" is from Guy Talk. The checkered paper is from the Paper Studio. The base and checkered layer were cut with Spellbinders Grand Rectangles dies. The labels for the sentiment are Spellbinders Labels Ten dies. "You're awesome" is from K Andrew Designs Food For Thought stamp set. Click HERE to purchase any of these sets. The ribbon is from Something to Celebrate, the layers adhered with foam tape for dimension. The #1 and Michael are stickers. When I make cards for kids, I like to add an interactive element so the ribbon has a pin attached to the back so he can wear his ribbon whenever he wants.


My inspiration for the card was the Indy 500, so you can imagine how excited I was when I spotted this set of race cars in the store!! I thought they would be perfect to include with the card :)

I am entering this into the following challenges:
  1. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge - Linky Party
  2. Sunday Funday #2 - Linky Party
I  hope you are all having a wonderful week!! Hopefully my mojo will return soon and I'll have more projects to share!! Thanks so much for stopping by today :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder