4 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

David Rakoff

To contact us Click HERE
A couple days ago, I posted David Rakoff's reading of his poem about how we form relationships and cling to friendships, even though sometimes it is against all logic for us to do so. He read it in 2009 on This American Life and for some reason, it popped into my head last week as my friend and I drove home from the beach. We listened to it on my smart phone as she drove. Rakoff died yesterday. He was 47. I found out from the NPR headline for the article written by Linda Holmes. Her conclusion made me realize why I felt such loss over a writer whom I barely know:
But for me, the sadness is undeniably selfish. I miss the maybe 30 more years of writing I somehow feel I was entitled to read and hear. I see it in my mind fading from printed pages, and I simply miss it.
Go read the article, and listen to the poem. I hope you like it.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder