20 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

CONFESSION 63 (updated)

To contact us Click HERE
"Every practice, she was there," she said. "All of my sister's cheerleadering stuff, she was there. Every dance competition. She was doing homework on the bleachers, but she was there. And she was my rock."
From a CNN article about the Sandy Hook Elementary School principal, Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed in Friday's shooting.
I want to be a stay-at-home mom; children need self-confidence and I want to help them build a foundation of self-respect; I want them to know that I'll be there for them.

A man from the Umingmaktormiut,
an Canadian Arctic tribe.
1924 photo by Leo Hansen
I want to create or help improve a community center, where those who need a foundation, who need something to rely on or something to learn or something to be proud of, can find friends and a home.
I want to be a free-lance journalist, and a reporter and editor on a staff that sees journalism as a public good and investigates and uncovers, like Russia's  Novaya Gazetta
I want to go back to Mongolia, to ride horses for days from the tiny village of Orkhon north to the Russian border.
I want to explore the northern regions of countries across the world; Alaska; Nunavut in Canada; Siberia in Russia from the easternmost emptiness down to Sakhalin Island, Vladivostok and west across the nine Russian time zones; How do people live? What do they eat? What stories do they still tell, generations later? And to Antarctica. Like a cold moon on Earth. I hate the cold, but I'd gladly go. I'd wrap myself in wool and fur and hats and gloves and beat myself up for putting myself through the freezing cold just to see it all.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder